Thursday, March 18, 2010

Chocolate Rice Pudding

I love rice pudding, I have always loved rice pudding ever since I was a kid and my mum makes the best rice pudding in the world so of course I had to use her recipe. Then one day I was thinking, how can I make rice pudding even better? It can't be possible can it? Then at that moment I looked up into my cupboard and saw a shinning beacon in the shape of a tin, a tin of cooking coco.

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Arborio/Risotto rice
Two tea spoons of brown sugar
one tea spoon cooking Coco
half tea spoon cinnamon
half tea spoon nutmeg
Water
Milk
Margarine

WHAT YOU'LL DO WITH THEM:
First melt a good table spoon of margarine into a pot and add the rice. Stir through till the rice becomes shinny.

Add enough water to just cover the rice. Stir until soaked in.

Add Sugar, coco, nutmeg and cinnamon and stir quickly then add some more water to cover and stir till soaked in.

At this point check to make sure the rice is almost cooked through. If the rice is still crunch add a little more water and check again.

Add milk (about a cup at a time) mixing in until soaked up. You'll do this only twice but if you want the pudding to be extra creamy you can add a cup of cream instead of the second cup of milk or add an extra cup.

Serve in a BIG bowl because you worked hard and need the deliciousness (or you can share with another person who didn't lift a finger to make it and there for are unworthy of the deliciousness).

If you're vegan try replacing the milk with a nut milk and let me know how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment