Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spicy Pasta

I was trying to recreate a pasta dish that my dad ex girlfriend used to make many years ago. The original recipe had hardly any vegetables in it and lots if chicken and oil so I have adapted it to be vegan but the spice with the pasta and the oil was to die for. As I didn't ask her for the recipe I had to experiment a lot to get the spices and tomato right but I finally got it.

For the celiacs reading make sure your using a gluten free pasta like me. As the gluten free past is generally also egg and dairy free this is vegan by default.

WHAT YOU"LL NEED:
Shell Pasta
1 Tomato
Asparagus
Broccoli
Carrot
Spring Onion
Zucchini
Oregano
Basil
Paprika
Chili Powder
Garam Masala
Coriander
Cumin
Garlic
Ginger
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper (optional)
Olive Oil

WHAT YOU'LL DO WITH IT:
First put the pasta on to cook as per packet instructions,

While the pasta cooks cut up the vegetables. Cook all the vegetables except for the tomato first. Add garlic, ginger and the herbs and stir through. Add the tomato last with a splash of water to create a light sauce.

Drain pasta and add to vegetables. Stir to coat pasta in the vegetables and sause. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment